On my first day inside Arches NP, I captured both daylight and nighttime images of a unique rock structure within the park, Balanced Rock. Here are some of my favorite daytime images (note the photographers in both photos, giving a bit of sense of scale to the size of Balanced Rock):
As the sun began to set, a beautiful sky developed, filled with passing clouds.
Once the sun fell behind the horizon, I changed all the necessary camera settings and set up for a wonderful night of dark sky photography. My next post will feature some of the night images captured at Balance Rock.
Photographic Equipment Used:
- Canon 5D Mark 3 body
- Lens (to be added once I reach home and can pull up the data)
- Bogen 3221 tripod with ballhead
- ISO (to be added once I reach home)
- Aperture (to be added once I reach home)
- Shutter (to be added once I reach home)