Today’s post features some images I captured this past week at a new butterfly garden on the Lake of the Ozarks (MO). When this butterfly garden was set up earlier this year, several species of milkweed were grown/planted, to attract the Monarch butterfly. It is rare to walk through this garden and not see any Monarchs!
Here are a few of my favorite images from last week’s photo shoot in the garden:
Additionally, I was able to capture some images of some of the Monarchs as they laid eggs on the Tropical Milkweed plants … those images will be shared in my next blog post.
Photographic Equipment Used:
- Canon 5D Mark 3 body
- Canon 180mm, f/3.5 macro lens
- Bogen 3021 tripod and ballhead
- ISO 200 (top image) and ISO 400 (all other images)
- Aperture f/3.5 (all images)
- Shutter 1/3000 sec. and 1/4000 sec.