Today’s post features a couple of the Monarch butterfly’s favorite plants in my butterfly garden… the Tropical Milkweed and the Swamp Milkweed. Both these plants are “host plants” for the Monarch butterfly. Through sensing organs in the Monarch butterfly’s feet, they can identify Milkweed plants and then can lay eggs on the plant, if ready to lay eggs. Here are a couple of recent images of these plants in bloom:
Coming up … more Monarch images, including some macro images of some Monarch eggs as they hatch.
Photographic Equipment Used:
- Canon 5D Mark 3 camera body
- Canon 180mm, f/3.5 macro lens
- ISO 200 (Tropical) and ISO 800 (Swamp)
- Aperture f/8 (Tropical) and f/16 (Swamp)
- Shutter 1/250 sec. (Tropical) and 1/90 sec. (Swamp)