Today’s post features another warbler captured during my kayak outing last week, the Yellow-rumped Warbler (Setophaga coronata). These little beauties constantly flit about the trees along the water’s edge, seeking insects in the trees. As you can see in the photos, these little warblers are beautifully colored. Here are a few of my favorite images from the kayak outing:
I’m planning another outing in a few days to capture some more images of the several species of warblers that can now be found.
Photographic Equipment Used:
- Canon 7D Mark 2 body
- Canon EF 100-400mm, f/4.5-f/5.6 IS lens
- Handheld, with IS “On”, from the kayak
- ISO 1600 to ISO 3200 (a heavy overcast required high ISO)
- Aperture f/5.6 (all photos)
- Shutter 1/200 sec. to 1/2000 sec.