Today’s post features a couple of images I captured on my last trip to Alaska … aka, “The Land of the Midnight Sun”. This trip was a bit different than my earlier trips to Alaska … caught a ride on the M/V Columbia, one of the ferries of the Alaska State Ferry fleet. It was an interesting trip, and lots of time for sightseeing along the Inside Passage!
Here are a couple of images I captured aboard the ferry as we left Washington (the Alaska State Ferry port is in Bellingham, Washington):
Not long after leaving port:
Our first evening sunset:
Lots of memories from this trip … hoping to do it again one of these days!
Photographic Equipment Used:
- Canon 1D Mark 3 body
- Canon 28-135mm, f/3.5- f/5.6 IS lens
- Handheld on boat, with IS “On”
- ISO 200 (top photo) and ISO 400 (bottom photo)
- Aperture f/16 (top image) and f/22 (bottom image)
- Shutter Speed 1/200 sec. (top image) and 1/80 sec. (bottom image)