Today’s post features 3 images I captured one day at Amarugia Highlands CA (west-central Missouri). Amarugia has always been a place where I enjoyed photographing wildlife. However, in today’s post a storm was brewing and clouds began forming and rolling around the sky … and there I was, with only a couple of wildlife telephoto lenses!
Corpuscular rays of light splitting through clouds always catch my attention:
Backlighting from sunshine can render interesting shapes:
And if you can catch cloud formation near sunrise or sunset, a nice touch of color is often displayed:
Photographic Equipment Used:
- Canon 7D Mark 2 body and Canon 5D Mark 3 body
- Canon 100-400mm, f/4.5-f/5.6 IS lens and Canon 500mm, f/4 IS lens
- Handheld, with IS “On” (with 100-400mm lens) and with Bogen 3221 tripod with Wemberly gimbal head (500 mm lens)
- ISO 500 and ISO 250
- Aperture f/4.5, f/11 and f/4
- Shutter Speed 1/6400 sec., 1/100 sec. and 1/800 sec.